Saturday, February 27, 2010

Froggy Bakes A Cakes


t was my birthday yesterday. We celebrated with vegan carrot cake, but I would have been touched if my little frog-loving Annabel had surprised me with a mud pie cake as the green protagonist does in Froggy Bakes A Cake.

Froggy happens to be a very do-it-yourself frog who wants to make his mother’s birthday cake all by himself, something any toddler can appreciate.

The language used in the story is pure fun- onomatopoeia abounds. Flop, flop, flopping, glubbing, blupping, plopping, and one final big shloop seals the fate of the cake. Annabel enjoys the fun little song Froggy sings that goes something like this: Oogelly boogelly burbly bake. I make and I bake and I wait for the cake.

This fun book, one of many in a series, is filled with likable characters and colorful language. And mud pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment